Netgear Nighthawk router is one of the most preferred networking devices across the globe. That is why people prefer setting up a Netgear router in their homes to access a flawless internet connection. By connecting their client devices to the Netgear router’s network name (SSID), users can stream HD videos and play online games without any lag. But, if the SSID is not visible on the network list, it can be exasperating.
If you are also unable to see the Netgear Nighthawk router’s network name (SSID) on your network list, we’ve got your back. In this article, we will provide you with a list of various solutions that will help you get rid of the issue with ease. So, let’s start.
Fixed: Can’t See Netgear Router’s SSID on Network List
- Reboot Your Netgear Router
Before you go with any other technical solution, we recommend you reboot the Netgear Nighthawk router. Perhaps, your router is dealing with technical glitches due to which you are unable to see its SSID on the network list. Rebooting will resolve the hardware and software-related technical glitches.
Here are the instructions that you should follow to reboot your Netgear wireless router:
- Disconnect all the client devices connected to your Netgear router’s network.
- Turn off the power supply of your Netgear wireless router.
- Wait for a while.
- Switch on your wireless router.
Now, check your network list and see if the Netgear Nighthawk router’s SSID shows up. If not, then chances are that your Netgear router is not broadcasting its SSID.
- Enable SSID Broadcast
You can unhide the network name (SSID) of your Netgear Nighthawk router by accessing the www.routerlogin.net setup wizard. Follow the steps given below to enable the SSID broadcast on your Netgear wireless router:
- Ensure that your Netgear Nighthawk router is receiving enough power supply and the LED light is stable.
- Once assured, connect your Netgear router to the modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Switch on your PC and open an updated internet browser.
- Go to the address bar of the internet browser.
- Type www.routerlogin.net in it.
- Press the Enter key.
- On the Netgear router login page, fill in the default username and password.
- Click the Log In button.
- Now, head over to the Wireless menu.
- Check the Enable SSID Broadcast option and click Apply.
Your Netgear Nighthawk router is now broadcasting its SSID. So, refresh the network list and check if the router’s SSID is visible on it.
Note: If you have also performed Netgear Nighthawk extender setup at home, you can enable the SSID broadcast by accessing the mywifiext page.
- Update the Firmware
Sometimes, it’s an outdated firmware that prevents the SSID of your Netgear router to become visible on the network list. Moreover, it can also degrade your wireless router’s performance. Therefore, we recommend you update the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router as soon as possible.
Given below is are the instructions that you should follow to update the Netgear router’s firmware:
- Launch a web browser on your PC and download the firmware file for your Netgear wireless router.
- Once done, open a new tab and access the Netgear router setup wizard.
- Select the Advanced menu and go to the Administration option.
- Click the Firmware Update option.
- Choose the firmware update file you’ve downloaded on your PC and click the Upload button.
In this way, you can perform Netgear firmware update for your router. After performing firmware update, you’ll definitely be able to see the network name (SSID) of your Nighthawk router on the network list.
Caution: Keep in mind not to run any background activities on your PC during the firmware update process. Otherwise, it can corrupt the firmware.
These were all the possible hacks you can try if you are unable to see the SSID of your Netgear router on the network list. Let’s hope that you’ll successfully be able to fix the issue with the help of this article.