Quickbooks need no introduction. It is one of the most-used accounting software these days by both small and medium-sized companies. The Quickbooks application enables the user to manage their inventory easily, check charts of accounts, or do payroll management. It is no rocket science to download and install the Quickbooks application on the system, but users may still encounter issues while setting up the Quickbooks application. One such error that a user may encounter is the Quickbooks registration error, This usually occurs when the license information provided by the user is incorrect. So, when you will buy the Quickbooks application, you need to validate the application using the product license key.
The error code indicates: the validation code is incorrect, or the service is temporarily unavailable when activation”. You can easily resolve the error by entering the correct license key. But, sometimes you may continue facing the issue even after changing the license key. This can happen if there is some other reason for the occurrence of the Quickbooks registration code. So, to help you with resolving the issue, we have come up with this article. Here is a complete guide to resolve Quickbooks registration file errors.
What Causes Quickbooks Registration File Error
In case you are facing issues while registering the Quickbooks application on your system, there can be different reasons behind it. Below we have listed all the causes of the registration error in Quickbooks.
- The very common reason for which you can face the error is that you need to have a strong internet connection on the system. In case the internet connection is not strong or the firewall installed on the system is blocking Quickbooks, the error can occur.
- Another common reason for the occurrence of the issue is that the license number that you have entered is incorrect.
- Next, you will also not be able to register Quickbooks application that is no more supported by Intuit.
- Important components needed for the working of Quickbooks application like MSXML or .Net framework is damaged.
Fixation Methods for Quickbooks Registration Error
Before you proceed with the fixation of Quickbooks error, you need to make sure that you end all the applications running on your system. Also, check the date and time of your system. When done, check out all the troubleshooting methods that you need to follow to fix the issue.
Method 1: Modify Firewall Settings
So, as we have mentioned, you can face the Quickbooks registration error if the firewall is incorrectly installed on the system. Therefore, to fix the issue, you will have to modify the settings. Here are all the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you will have to tap on the start icon on the system and in the search bar, type Windows Firewall.
- From the list of all the options, choose the Firewall option and then click on the advanced settings option.
- When done, you will have to right-click on the option for inbound rules and then choose to add a new rule.
- After this, you will have to choose a port option and then click on the Next option.
- In the next prompt, you will have to ensure that you have chosen TCP and then click Next to proceed.
- When done, you will have to choose to allow connection and then click on Next.
- After this, tap on the option to allow connection and then click on Next.
- In the next prompt, you will have to choose all profiles that you will see on the screen.
- Choose the Next option and then add a name for the rule.
- When done, click on the finish button and complete the process.
Method 2: Quickbooks Tool Hub Can Be Helpful
Quickbooks tool hub can be used to fix almost all the issues in the Quickbooks application. It helps you run all the crucial Quickbooks tools like Quickbooks install diagnostic tool, Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool, file doctor tool, and others to fix specific types of errors. Below we have listed all the steps that you need to follow to use the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- To start with, you will have to close the Quickbooks application on the system and then open the official Quickbooks website. Download Quickbooks tool hub from the website.
- After this, agree to the terms and conditions and then install the tool on the system.
- Next, you will have to start the tool on the system and then choose the program problems tab.
- Under this tab, you will have to click on the option to start Quick Fix my program.
- You will then have to remove the entitlement folder and then type your license number in the prompt.
Method 3: Use Administrative Rights
You may also face the issue if the user does not have administrative rights. So, to fix the issue, you will have to provide administrative rights to the user to access the Quickbooks application.
Hopefully, with all the troubleshooting methods mentioned in the article, you will be able to resolve the issue. In case the provided troubleshooting methods didn’t help you, you can also contact the Quickbooks support team. They will help you with the complete process.