Are you getting WiFi connected but no internet issue even after performing the Linksys extender setup process properly? Need not to worry! Every 3rd user across the globe is bothered by the same situation. But, you don’t have to worry at all as you have reached the right post. Here, in this article, we will take lid off from some tested and proven hacks to resolve “WiFi connected but no internet “issue in just 2-3 minutes.
Let’s dive in!
Hold on! Before you delve into basic or advanced fixes to troubleshoot WiFi connected but no internet issue, we suggest you go through the key point provided below:
Check Every Device
If only one device is showing you WiFi connected but no internet connectivity, then the issue is with that particular device not with the internet. To confirm the same, try to access the Linksys extender setup page from another device that is connected to the internet.
On the off chance if you are seeing the same error, then you have to apply the fixes listed below in order to troubleshoot the issue. Keep reading!
Fixed: WiFi Connected But No Internet
- Check Your Router and Extender
The internet connection may not work properly if there are technical issues with your Linksys extender and modem. To get it fixed, do the following:
- Check if your Linksys extender and router are properly connected.
- Check the Ethernet cable that you have used to connect your Linksys extender and router.
- Check the power adapter of your devices. Ensure they are properly plugged in to the power outlet.
- Check the wall plug in which your Linksys extender and router is plugged in. It must be free from any sort of fluctuations and damages.
- Set Up the Extender Properly
- Incomplete or partial Linksys extender setup is another reason why you are facing WiFi extender connected but no internet issue. To get it fixed, ensure to configure your Linksys WiFi range extender properly.
- For on-screen instructions, visit Linksys WiFi setup page using extender.linksys.com web address.
- Check the Extender Placement
If your extender is placed near to corners or in reach of public WiFi networks, then also you may face WiFi connected but no internet issue. Thus, to make the most out of your Linksys extender, place your Linksys extender openly, over a higher and ventilated shelf.
Additionally, we suggest you place the extender closer to router and away from interference-creating WiFi obstructions. To get information about the same, drop us a line into the comments section.
- Update the Extender Firmware
On the off chance if nothing resolves the WiFi connected but no internet issue for you, consider updating the firmware of your WiFi range extender right away. Navigate to the Linksys extender’s official site for on-screen firmware update instructions.
- Power Cycle the Extender
Still no luck? If so, then we suggest you restart your Linksys WiFi range extender once. Doing so will somehow fix the WiFi connected but no internet issue for you. To power cycle the extender, do the following:
- Disconnect your router from the Linksys extender.
- Unplug the Linksys extender from the wall socket and wait for some time.
- After that, turn on your Linksys WiFi extender.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extender’s WiFi.
- Now, check if the internet is working fine on your connected devices or not.
- Check with Your ISP
If you are still getting no internet even after power cycling your Linksys WiFi range extender in a proper manner, then chances are that your service provider and the device (router) provided by him is the culprit.
To get it fixed, make sure that the device provided by your ISP is up-to-date. Plus, the ISP’s device must be compatible with your Linksys extender.
If nothing worked for you, then the only way you are left with is to opt for a Linksys router. Simply perform Linksys router setup – add it to the extender and make your internet up and running in no time.
Still getting the same issue? Drop your concerns into the comments section.