Texas is known for its rich cultural history, diverse cuisine, and warm hospitality. It is also home to a lively pub serving a variety of unique and upscale beverages. Whether you’re a beer lover, a wine connoisseur, or a whiskey aficionado, there’s something for everyone in the Lone Star State. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best liquor options Texas has to offer, broken down by category.
Texas has a thriving craft beer market with numerous breweries producing some of the best beers in the country. Here are some of the best Texas beers to try.
- Shiner Bock: This iconic Texas beer is brewed at the Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner, Texas. It is smooth and full-bodied with hints of caramel and subtle hop notes.
- Live Oak Hefeweizen: This award-winning beer from Live Oak Brewing Company is a classic German wheat beer with a clean taste and a cloudy appearance.
- Karbach Love Street: This Houston-based beer is a popular summer beer that’s light, refreshing, and perfect for hot Texas weather.
Texas is also home to some of the nation’s best wineries, producing premium wines with distinctive flavors. Here are some of the best Texas wines worth trying.
- Messina Hop Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon: This award-winning wine from Messina Hop Winery in Bryan, Texas is a full-bodied and full-bodied wine with hints of blackberry and vanilla.
- Becker Vineyards Viognier: This crisp, crisp white wine from Becker Vineyards in Fredericksburg, Texas, has fruit notes and a refreshing aftertaste.
- McPherson Cellars Sangiovese: This red wine from McPherson Cellars in Lubbock, Texas, is bold and spicy with a soft fruity finish.
Texas has a long history of whiskey production and several distilleries produce some of the best whiskey in the country. Here are a few Texas whiskeys worth trying:
- Garrison Brothers Small Batch Bourbon Whiskey: This award-winning bourbon whiskey from the Garrison Brothers distillery in Hye, Texas is smooth and sweet with notes of vanilla and caramel.
- Balcones Texas Single Malt: This whiskey from Balcones Distilling in Waco, Texas is rich and smoky with hints of chocolate and coffee.
- Firestone & Robertson TX Blended Whiskey: Made by Firestone & Robertson Distilling in Fort Worth, Texas, this blend is a smooth, full-bodied whiskey with hints of vanilla and caramel.
Texas is also the world’s leading producer of tequila, with several distilleries producing premium tequila with unique flavors. Here are the best Texas tequilas to try.
- Dulce Vida Organic Blanco Tequila: This organic tequila from Dulce Vida Spirits of Austin, Texas has a clean, smooth taste with hints of citrus and spicy notes.
- Tequila 512 Reposado: Produced at Tequila 512 in Austin, Texas, this aged tequila has a rich and complex flavor profile with notes of caramel and oak.
- Sotol Por Siempre: This unique spirit made from the spoon plant of the desert is a close relative of tequila. Sotol Por Siempre from Desert Gate Distillery in Driftwood, Texas has a bold, smoky flavor with a hint of sweetness.
Overall, Texas has a lot to offer when it comes to booze, with many unique and quality options.