One of the fastest-growing suburbs in Mumbai, Chembur is highly sought after by home buyers. With over 30 parks, the tree-lined avenues of the area are a delight to behold. Further, with the increased connectivity cutting travel times in half, the residential apartments in Chembur can be considered prime real estate.
What makes Chembur so popular?
High road density:
- Chembur is connected to all parts of Mumbai through a dense, well-planned network of roads.
- The Eastern Freeway connects the S.V.Patel Road junction to Chembur via Panjrapole. Before its construction, Chembur was over an hour away from Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) by road. The expressway cut the time down by more than half to just 25 minutes. It takes you to the lively Colaba and Kala Ghoda districts in just over 30 minutes.
- The Santa Cruz – Chembur Link Road (SCLR) is a 7 km long Engineering Marvel that ruthlessly reduced travel times from over an hour to just ten minutes. It connects eastern suburbs to the northern and southern parts of the linear city. Thanks to the SCLR, travelling from Chembur to Juhu, Bandra and Kurla is much faster.
- The Eastern Express Highway provides a quick route to the city’s northern parts, such as Powai and Mulund.
- The Andheri Ghatkopar Link Road takes you from Chembur to the tech hub at Andheri in under an hour.
Mumbai Local, Metro, and Monorail:
- Chembur is a nodal stop for Mumbai’s rail infrastructure connecting the eastern suburbs.
- The Harbour Line is dedicated to the Eastern areas of Mumbai, and Chembur lies in its heart. You can quickly head south to the CST or further east to Panvel.
- You can interchange into a metro line to quickly reach the CBD, Juhu, and Malad areas.
- Line 1 of Mumbai Monorail directly connects South Mumbai to Chembur. Work on extending it to Ghatkopar is underway.
Chembur grew as a suburb in the mid-1900s mainly due to the post-World War industrialization drive in Trombay. It now boasts of an agglomeration of industries, such as the Rashtriya Chemical and Fertilizers Ltd., Petroleum Corporation Ltd., Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, and Tata Institute of Social Sciences.
- Some of the best schools in Mumbai are situated in Chembur, such as Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Catholic Academy, St. Anthony Girls School, St. Gregorios High School, and Swami Vivekananda School.
- It has over a hundred general hospitals and over 50 multi-specialty hospitals.
- There are hundreds of shopping malls, movie theatres, and restaurants to cater to your weekend entertainment.
A melting pot of cultures:
Whether you are a Sindhi, Maharashtrian, Tamilian, or from anywhere else in India, you can find many others from your state calling Chembur their home. It is a cosmopolitan suburb and thus hosts a plethora of services catering to different tastes and needs.
If you want residential apartments in Chembur, the average price is from Rs 16,000 to Rs 18,000 per sqft. More expensive units can go up to Rs. 50,000 per sq ft. The area is well connected, safe, and well serviced.
Long-term residents of Chembur have fallen in love with the neighborhood and cannot think of moving to any other locality. Talk to a real estate expert today to buy your next home in this beautiful place.