Everybody loves eating fruits, be it the animals in the wild or us civilized humans. However, there are times when we tend to crave some out-of-season fruit. For instance, craving for mangoes or jackfruits in December. But sadly, neither can we get mango in December, nor can we let go of that craving very quickly.
So, is there a solution to this?
Well, stop feeling sorry for yourself because there is a solution. Thanks to technology and human ingenuity, today, we have canned food and fruits. Now, we can actually taste mango in December right from our fridge.
But that’s not all because there is a lot more that we can do with canned fruits. Lately, the internet has been flooded with thousand such canned fruits recipes and in this article, we bring you some of the best healthy and delicious recipes made with canned fruits.
Canned fruits are generally available in three variants: light syrup, heavy syrup, and juice. The ingredients or nutritions remain more or less the same in three variants. However, getting to the recipe, let us take a look at these healthy and delicious recipes.
- Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad: Have you got any can of mandarin orange in your fridge? If the answer is yes, then get ready to try a delicious recipe known as the Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad. With delicious ingredients such as cubed boneless skinless chicken, little teriyaki sauce, carrot, almond, onions, and of course the can of mandarin oranges, anyone can prepare this dish in no time. However, do not forget to drain and discard the marinade and make sure to heat the oil over medium heat before putting it on the pan.
- Jicama and Pineapple Guacamole: Is chunky pineapple guacamole a favorite of yours? If yes, then this dish is definitely for you, and your answer was no, then trust me and give it a shot. Rest assured, you will love it. This easy-to-make recipe is called Jicama and Pineapple Guacamole, and anyone can prepare it in no time. Simply take a bowl, throw in some ripe avocado pieces, and add some lime juice and kosher salt to the mix. Then add the chunks of pineapple and peeled jicama, and the recipe is almost done.
- Breakfast Parfaits: Need a breakfast to make the rest of the day bright and cheerful? Check out this delicious treat called Breakfast Parfaits, made with a combination of canned fruits such as raspberries, pineapple, and banana. But that is not all; more to the recipe gives it the reputation of being a delight for the tongue. Get four parfait glasses and layer the pineapple, raspberries, yogurt, banana, and dates. Next, sprinkle the pieces of almonds, and the recipe is ready.
- Orange Pistachio Quinoa Salad: In the mood for a fresh and healthy quinoa recipe for next holiday or weekend? This citrusy dish with a tinge of nutty taste is called Orange Pistachio Quinoa Salad. Having this for Breakfast can make Mondays a little bearable and keep the mind refreshed for the rest of the day. The recipe requires unique ingredients such as quinoa garbanzo beans, mandarin oranges, pistachios, cucumber, red onion, and little salt and pepper. So, whenever in the right mood, treat someone with Orange Pistachio Quinoa Salad.
- Easy Caribbean Chicken: This dish has the perfect combination of everything delicious and is called Easy Caribbean Chicken. This recipe is a mixture of many unique varieties, including chicken breast, a little garlic herb seasoning, tomatoes, a few chunks of canned pineapple, barbeque sauce, hot cooked rice, and some fresh cilantro leaves for appearance. Easy Caribbean Chicken can also suffice any cravings for pineapple barbecue chicken pizza as both of these share a slight similarity in the taste. Further, one can even replace chicken for pork or shrimp and still end up with a delicious recipe.
- Terrific Teriyaki Burgers: Experience the perfect blend of hot and sweet with Terrific Teriyaki Burgers. Gather simple ingredients such as ketchup reduced-sodium soy sauce, unsweetened crushed can of pineapple, ginger root, sesame oil, and minced garlic to prepare the simple and easy burger for friends and family. The unique combination of pineapple and ginger brings out a different blend of hot and sweet taste in the burger. Add some ground beef and ground turkey to the mix and experience something unique.
- Sesame Chicken Slaw Salad: This recipe is for someone with a taste for delicious Asian chicken salad. With a combination of great ingredients such as torn romaine, coleslaw mix, sweet red pepper, rotisserie chicken, avocado, can of mandarin oranges, plain wonton strips, and reduced-fat Asian toasted sesame salad dressing. This salad brings alive a different and unique gingery sweet taste, especially with fresh gourmet wonton strips.
These are some of the many healthy and delicious recipes that can be prepared using canned fruits. Therefore, now it does not matter what time of the year it is, but anyone can make any tasty recipe with the flavor of fruits in them. So, all in all, canned fruits can be a part of a healthy and delicious diet. However, make sure to read the label and choose the can with caution.